7.27.2011

Book Review: Not this time. It's too late.


I actually have an honest to goodness, for real, actually been read, bonafide book review to write.

But it's getting late and I don't want to do the book a disservice with off the cuff writing for the sake of writing.

But, I promised Celeste I would write a new blog post, so she's getting the best of the very best in off the cuff writing for the sake of writing.

We went to a baseball tournament last week. I don't know what funk is in the Dallas air, but 3 out of 4 of my kids got sick. It's been a real ball of fun.

Here's how it went down:
Immediately upon arrival in Dallas,  #4 came down with a virus that gave her a 2 day fever. Then #3 came down with a different virus 2 days later. #3 gave her virus to #1. Then, #4 gave her virus to #3. Praise the Lord that #2 has stayed clean and clear. As of now, #4 is recovering, #3 is also on the mend, #1 took a pretty hard hit and is just now moving about, and I stand firm that #2 had better keep herself out of the lineup!

Nurse says to lay low for a few days because "with that many kids sick, someone is bound to be contagious." Brilliant. Couldn't have said it better myself. Really, who would have thought it?

Cabin fever has settled in, so I've started doing some crazy stuff. You'll soon see that sheer insanity has taken hold of me. I have had some books in bags for about 2 months. I got so crazy today that I rearranged a shelf and... wait for it... put the books away. That's only one of two crazy ideas I had today. I also wanted to take the kids twin beds and make them bunk beds. It only took me about a year to make this decision. One can only imagine that since I've made the decision to bunk, I cannot find the bunking pieces. Of course.


What do you do to break cabin fever?

No comments: