Sooooooooo.... this past weekend we (me, Treson, Zoe and my friend Laci) went shopping at Parkdale. We stayed for 5 hours. WWAAAAYYY too long for the kids. By hour 4, Treson was without a nap and began to act like a wild monchichi. After peeing in his underwear (we had JUST come from the "potty"), I told him it was time to leave. He proceeded to scream at me like any well meaning un-napped two year old. I just took him to the corridor by the customer service desk near Old Navy and let him get it out of his system. Old Navy was my last stop. I crazily decided we'd run in there "real quick." Treson found the balls that Old Navy likes to torture moms with. I let him play with one "if you stay right here" while I shopped. After all, I was shopping for him. Surely he would behave if he knew that! Anyway, after one too many throw-the-ball-in-the-air-and-dive-bomb-on-the-floors, I said, "Treson, let's go." He then took off running and kicking the soccer ball through Old Navy. When I began to chase him, he giggled thinking I was playing with him! Thus, Speedy Gonzales goes out the store with the unpaid-for ball. I am holding Zoe (6 mo.) and we are running fast and furious after him DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE MALL. I honestly couldn't keep up with him. People were laughing all along our route. I finally caught him by the neck of the shirt. The ball landed at some sales dude's feet. I just pleaded with him to hand me the ball after I picked up the 30 lb. 2 year old by the waist, legs & arms flailing. So, 2 kids and a ball in tow, we humbly walked back to Old Navy to retrieve the stroller and Laci. By the way, Laci is expecting her first child. Unfortunately, her experience with my children that day cannot reverse the fact that someday soon she'll have her own.
And no, I'll not be going shopping at any public place with my 2 children for at least a year. Maybe 2.
2 comments:
I just wish Laci would have had a camera... :)
i agree- a camera would have been great at that moment. i'm so glad you are a blogger now! it's my idea of scrapbooking/journaling- without the mess and supplies that are PERFECT for my little ones to get into. I'm way to much of a perfectionist to let them "help" with scrapbooks- thus, i blog.
Post a Comment