10.24.2007

Why this blog is necessary.

My business is all about journalism (check it out- www.beaumontbuzz.com). With that at my fingertips, why in the world do I need ANOTHER place to write? Here's the deal. I am completely motivated in all aspects of life by my faith. While there's alot of "good" stuff out there... Mohammad, Mind/Body/Spirit books, "finding your inner peace," I believe that there is only ONE way to heaven and only ONE God that can get you there. For those that are interested in "spiritual" things, God became man in the form of Jesus. He lived on earth for a short time. Before He came, people had to sacrifice animals (read just about any book in the Old Testament in the Bible for further explanation) in order to be made right with God. But then, Jesus came and made Himself a human sacrifice so that we might be made right before God for eternity (John 3:16).

All that to say, because of my gratitude for God, I am committed to serving Him & living my life to honor His teachings and commandments. I am constantly learning new things and need a way to voice those things. Beaumontbuzz.com is all about southeast Texas, not all about my relationship with Jesus, which is why I needed this blog. So, should you choose to read this blog, note that you will be taking an intimate look at my life. You'll learn about my daily challenges as a wife, mother, business owner, friend, sister, daughter and Christian. My husband often calls me "Captain Random Thought" (thus, the blog name) because I tend to speak outloud any thought that comes to mind. So, if you keep reading, you'll be welcomed to his world. :)

My prayer for you is that you are encouraged by the writings of this blog. Sometimes postings will be about my family. Sometimes it's all about me. Hopefully though, most of it will be all about Him.

No comments: