Note to self: breathe.
8.11.2008
Geez
I sooooo struggle with saying no. It's not always to please people, but rather I struggle saying no because I honestly think I can do it all. And when I can't, I feel incredibly guilty. I don't even know why. Who cares if I have to back out of something? We've all been there. I am just so good at giving advice in this area. "Take a break." "Give yourself rest." "Learn to say no." Man, that sounds good. I just don't do it myself. I have to quit MOPS. I love MOPS. I fear I'll talk myself into keeping with it. The problem is that I HAVE to work. I started a business and my family needs it to succeed. That and adding kid #3 keeps my plate more than full. However, MOPS is fun. But, it's work. It requires planning and my presence if I'm in charge. I just can't do it. I'm TOTALLY in denial about this. I just keep thinking, "if someone will just watch the kids, then I can plan." The problem with that is that I already feel like they don't individually get enough of me. I'm so stretched thin. I don't want to get someone to watch them so that I can plan an organization that is just one more thing that gets me away from them. Too much stress gets taken out on the ones you love. It's not fair to them for me to be overloaded and then grumpy at home because I have too much to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
breathe. you need to back out of some things. it's perfectly alright to do this. you're exactly right- your family deserves YOU- mops had the privledge (for a season) of having you in charge- but mops is not part of your family. i seriously doubt that others are going to think less of you for dropping one of the plates you are spinning to pick up a baby. or two. or three. it makes all the rest of us feel better about ourselves, b/c honestly- you look like you have it all together. and knowing that you struggle, like we all do, is reaffirming. you are normal. working on your business is yet another way of keeping your kids a top priority, b/c it allows you to stay home with them as much as possible. only you could dream up that kind of enterprise! know that we all love you- dearly. if you get any (and i mean ANY) flack for mops- you direct their calls to me. i'll handle it.
Post a Comment