I've had the silliest debate going on in my head. I've actually been wrestling with the name of my blog for months. The url is specifics are called falsecontrol. That, my friend, is the truth of our lives. However, I started out naming "myself" as Capt. Random Thought which is a tag my husband gives me often. But, I'm now doing Beth Moore's Esther study, which makes me want to call my blog "the whole magilah." However, at the moment, it is lovingly entitled "the behn trehn." I worked really hard on that one. My last name is so often mispronounced as "been" or "bean" and not "bain" as in "train" that I thought "behn trehn" would help solve the "how do you say that?" problem.
Ah. So, seeing that "it's tough being a woman..." who can't make a decision, I've decided to put all of my names into one graphic which you'll now find at the header. There. Problemo solvedo.
3 comments:
love the new name. it's great, and makes me slightly jealous that i didn't think of it first. 'cause i want to think that i did. and i'm creative, but alas, i'm not. and of course, i'll "follow" you, because we're really both following the same person- Jesus. and you're lovely to follow along with! so glad you are one of my "traveling buddies"
I have missed your blog... and I'm so glad you've decided to update and hopefully start sharing again!! Love you girl!
OK--I have to confess I has no idea how to pronounce your name so I went with "Been." And then I thought your blog was "The Been Tren." So I appreciate the phonetic spellings you included in the post because now I know :)
I can totally relate because people never say my name correctly and I have been mistaken for a Latino several times and have had my name pronounced "Hi-May Ree-vez" (Rives rhymes with "fives.") Just wanted to share that.
Oh the limitations of the written word :)
ps--super cute lay-out!
Post a Comment