9.14.2008

Post Ike

Our home received minor damage. Our yard probably looks like everyone else's around town. Down power lines, missing fence pieces, missing whirly bird on roof (we don't know yet if water got in the attic),  large tree fallen that thankfully missed the house, backyard is a disaster. For the time being, we are staying in Lewisville with my sister-in-law. I think we are going to try and find a weekly hotel tomorrow. 

My parent's received no damage to their home. They weathered the storm at FBC with other families from our church. They are going to Sugarland tomorrow to stay with my mom's dad. We are hoping to meet up with them soon. We are also hoping to win Lotto so that we can go to some exotic vacation during our 2nd major evacuation in 3 years. In the event that this does not happen, we might go to Austin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ASHLEY! I found you through Jamie's blog. I have been keeping up with you through Christy (formerly Stanford)-who coincidentally lives 5 minutes from me here in Maryland. I would love to be in touch with you directly. Your family is just beautiful!! Get in touch sometime. Email is rynhill@gmail.com, blog is www.rynhill.wordpress.com. I only have one kid. I feel so behind now. :-)