I just love new life. A mama bird laid these eggs in our yard and sat on them, warming them, day by day. We checked on "our" eggs everyday, anticipating their hatching. My children were FULL of questions, inquiring about the goings on inside the egg (of which, I didn't really know the answers...). For me, I was just as giddy as they were. I've never been able to watch eggs from the day they were laid to the day they hatched. Everyday that we checked on the eggs, God gave me little moments to teach my kids about His creation, His timing, and New Life.
One Saturday morning, we went outside and found this:
The eggs hatched! We watched in awe as two tiny baby birds got up, wobbled a bit, then took off! I'm pretty sure they had JUST hatched because this particular baby wasn't even standing yet. This discovery was WAY better than gifts under the Christmas tree. It was new life!
And speaking of new life, we have more of that in our household! Baby Linley Anne was born on March 10. Thus, my excuse for 2 month blog drought. Because, now that there's another person in this house (that makes 6 of us), all I do is this:
(I spy a sleeping baby)
6 comments:
As your other reader, I'm glad you're back. Creepy as it is, I was going through my blogs I follow and got to yours and thought of you. Congrats on the beautiful baby.
Heeeeey, I thought I was your other reader!
Stacy, you're my other other reader.
Stacy, you're my other other reader.
ha! I am checking in on you too!
i love your blogs!!! glad you're back!
Post a Comment