My husband is a serial book reader. I used to be one... pre-kids. Now, when I read, I pretty much fall asleep. Or, I don't grant myself the time to read grown up books. I do love me some Llama, Llama Red Pajama though. That's one book I'll read anytime, anywhere.
I think it's been at least a year since I've been asking my husband to write reviews on the books he reads. Since he hasn't actually written a review yet, and I haven't actually read any books lately, I thought we could team up.
He reads. I write.
Perfect.
Books he's currently reading: Dying to Live by Clayton King. He's started about 4 others, but he's moving right along in this one.
The book I've been trying to finish for about 365 days: Radical by David Platt. I'm workin' on it, people. I'm workin' on it.
So far the review goes like this: Dying to Live talks about why Jesus is Lord and why is that significant? Early Christians had to pick their Lord. Either Jesus was Lord, or Caesar. Big deal. Big, big deal.
Radical is convicting and pretty much makes me want to sell everything I own to go tell it on the mountain. Platt has definitely written a few chapters just for me. Remember I'm not done reading it, but so far, I'd say you need to read it, too!
Well, that's pretty much it. I know, you're very impressed with our first book review. The depth and insight is earth-shattering. I promise, next book review will be on one we've actually finished reading.
2 comments:
Book? What's a book? I vaguely remember reading one of those once.
"I love you stinky face" is right up there with Llama Llama Red Pajama! Just saying.....
:)
Post a Comment