If you've ever noticed my time stamp at the bottom of a post, you'll note it usually says something in the early morning. Early as in middle of the night.
My reasons for staying up late vary from night to night.
1. Sometimes I do dumb things like drink coffee at 8 pm.
2. I'm self-employed. Play with kids during the day = work at night.
3. Undiagnosed ADD. Really, I am "Queen Dilly-daller" as my husband calls it. My days are so crazy with the kids that it takes me forever to wind down to get focused to work in the evening. Thus, 1 am blog posts. Eventually, I realize it's too late to be productive and "work," so I blog instead. Real responsible, I know.
4. Big projects I put off until the last minute. When you run your own business and you are the only employee, sometimes the job gets backed up. And then I have so much to do so sleep is the thing that gets cut.
5. Can't flip the switch. Probably happens to you, too. I lay in bed with my eyes shut, and my thoughts plowing full steam ahead. I do ridiculous things like write entire novels in my head. Oh, and facebook posts. I write mental facebook posts. Especially at 1 am. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Told ya!
Last week when my husband was out of town, I "stumbled" upon this verse that has changed my perspective on late night after late night awakenings.
Psalm 127:2
It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.
I felt a great deal of conviction over this verse.
Having a full plate, loaded with things to do- especially if some of the things are dumb (because sometimes we just assign ourselves dumb, purposeless things to do)- does not make you/ me a better woman.
OUCH.
More on this to come. After a good night's sleep, of course.
3 comments:
Quit writing blog posts about me!!
I love this. I love that I found your blog. And I love that this was a post I found. Thank you.
And nice to meet you, by the way!
Carley
You live in Beaumont? So do I!
Post a Comment