I recently saw a dad at the mall with his 3 daughters. He was alone. He happens to be my friend Wendi's hubby/ our new pastor. I told him how impressed I was that he had all 3 kids out- at the mall, mind you- all by himself. I told him I don't even take my 2 kids to the mall by myself. While I was impressed, I also had another thought.
The man is stupid.
Oh, come on! I'm just joking around. "We don't say s-t-u-p-i-d." I really wondered why could he do it and I can't? Maybe he didn't know what he really had coming to him. Maybe he did, but was feeling courageous. Maybe he didn't care what chaos could potentially erupt; he just wanted to get out of the house with them. I know what mall experiences are like with my kids. Treson wants on all the rides; Zoe wants to be held; I want to leave. All the while, I get stuck pushing an empty stroller. Whether or not Chris/Dr. Moody/Wendi's husband/ Whitney, Trinity & Audrey's dad is stupid or just plain crazy is not the point. The point is that dads often do things out of the ordinary to help us out. See, Chris was out with the girls so that Wendi could nap! This week, Trey took the kids to Chick-fil-A on family night so that I could go out to eat with friends. He was exhausted when he returned, but never complained & joyfully gave me a break. Thank God for great daddies!
4 comments:
I agree that we should be so thankful for daddies, especially those that know that our job is hard and give us a break every once in a while. I just recently went away for a night with my friend Michelle and left Justin at home with the kids, he did great and I am so thankful for that time. What a blessing they are to us and a joy!
i thought the same thing when you told me you saw chris at the mall. how brave! isn't it a blessing to have husbands/daddies that help us out once in awhile?
...you just called our pastor, who has his doctorate, "stupid." I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time! You crack me up!! (I know you were joking)
I am so thankful that, although I made some stupid mistakes in my youth, I ended up with a wonderful husband who is an amazing daddy to my boys. It is so nice to be able to get away sometimes, or even just take an hour long bath with no distractions - it reminds you just how lucky you are. Two of my sister-in-laws are single moms and the other one only has help with her two kiddos every other month (my brother works off-shore for a month at a time.) We are so, so blessed to have the husbands that we do. (I think God just knew that we couldn't do it on our own!!)
Well said.
Post a Comment