5.08.2008
Seriously?
It's no mystery that God meets us where we are. Sometimes I just don't like it. Sometimes that "meeting" involves convicting me of sin in my life. Many of you know my house woes. I just feel like my patience is wearing out for being so cramped. But then, I start to feel guilty for not being grateful for a roof over my head. On the other hand, I start justifying my desires by thinking "a modern mom in a modern world can't function in here!!!" I find many of my conversations with my husband revolving around the honey-do list and "why won't God just give us a new house?" This week God convicted me with a verse. Philippians 2:14-15, "Do everything WITHOUT COMPLAINING or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe..." The sentence is so long it actually goes on for another verse. It's that "without complaining" part that I've just wondered, "Was God serious about that?" I mean, how in the world do you do everything without complaining? Alas, God teaches. This week, He has used this verse to keep my mouth shut. Is it easy? Heck no. It's actually so hard to not complain about some things that my eyes well up with emotion in the battle against me doing what is right versus what I actually want to do. Have I mastered the ability to keep my mouth shut and never complain? Again, heck no. But, I have found a humility in the quest to do so. I have found that God is serious about His Word (just like when you tell your child, "I'm serious!" as they get in trouble). I have found that God is good and rewards my obedience (such as peace and romance with my hubby as I don't burden him with my nagging). I have also found a peace that passes understanding that only God can give. For now I pray that my heart's desires will match His and trust that in His timing, good things will come to me as I wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment