When I decide to brave going out in public, people always say "boy, you have your hands full." Meaning, they see the kids going in 2 different direction while observing my growing belly.
The last time (about a week ago) when someone asked me how old the kids are and when I'm due, the sentence surely followed, "You have your hands full." I had an aha moment and thus, my new mantra.
"I'd rather have my hands full instead of my hands empty."
I haven't had the opportunity to use this mantra in a conversation yet, but I am looking forward to it! Now, don't take this as an insensitive comment. I completely understand that some have their hands "empty," but long for them to be full. And that's just what I mean. I am so thankful for what I have. For me, I have to keep strong focus on what I have or I immediately start dwelling on what I don't or what's wrong with what I do.
1 comment:
You are so, so right!! When Connor gets out of control and I feel like I'm losing my mind, I have to sit back and just be thankful that God gave me two beautiful children BEFORE I was unable to have any more. Sometimes I even get a little jealous of you guys who have just had, or are working on, your third. You are so blessed. Please don't ever, ever take what you have for granted!
For the record - I don't ever look at you and think you are nuts. In fact, I am usually in awe of how gracefully you handle it all! You are amazing and I count myself lucky to call you a friend!! I love you girl!!
Post a Comment