4.27.2009

This week aboard the Behn Trehn

This has been on one of those weeks where I was so stinking busy, but didn't really get anything accomplished. Or so it feels. And yet, at 12:15 am as I finally sit down to do some work, I really just need to clear my mind from the happenings of the week. 
  • The Davises introduced us to a game called "Quelf." The gist of the game is that everyone involved will be forced to make a complete fool of themselves at least once. And, once you play Quelf, you are apart of this underground club with underground language like using the word "Izzle" after sentence. Only those who play can understand. Welcome to the club, Wendi/ Laura/ Rebecca/ Amanda/ Laci/ Kristin/ Barbara S. We had a blast! Izzle.
  • It's ok to wear rainboots on Sunday morning to church, especially if you are a two year old blonde haired, green eyed little girl named Zoe.
  • The craft at the women's retreat was fun until I inadvertently tried super gluing myself to it.
  • One day (I think it was in a different week other than this past one, but I really can't keep up) we were on our way to Mother's Day Out when Zoe started complaining of being cold. I apologized to her and explained that mama didn't have a blanket. Treson piped up from the back, "Well, mama, turn the air off." Genius. Pure Genius.
  • Zoe asked me for a cookie tonight, but I had to deny the request due to uneaten dinner. Her reply? "Oh man!" 
  • When I was younger, my mom dubbed me with the nickname "Nosey Rosey" {Rose is my middle name}. The middle & nickname has been passed down to Miss Zoe. I can be talking to my husband in the living room while she is playing in her room and she'll come bounding out and ask, "what, mommy, what?" How'd she even know I was talking? She really thinks everyone is always talking to her or is talking about something she needs to know. Hilarious.
  • Here lately I've really been burdened by the responsibility of how crucial my daily actions are in the life of my little imitators at home. There are so many days when I just wonder if we'll all make it till Daddy gets home. Us moms like to call it "survival mode." That is code for "my day is really stressful, my kids have lost their minds, no, you do NOT need another snack, oh come on, we tee-tee in the POTTY not the floor, please SHARE, stop taking that from her, just a minute, get dressed and in the car NOW, can I just go to the bathroom ALONE, stay calm, mama and WHERE IS YOUR FATHER???" However, while those days are survival mode for me, they are learning mode for my kids. It really hit me hard today when Treson didn't want to get dressed for church. I, myself, my composed/ mature/ peaceful little self started WHINING AT HIM!!!!!! I actually was like, "Treeessooon, pleeeaase get dressed, please."But it was with that "pl-eee-eee--aaa-s-ah" bouncing type of request. Once I caught myself I snapped out of it. I thought, "All this time I thought the whining came from HIS side of the family." Ha! Not really, but I couldn't believe the fussiness that came out of this mama over not getting my way {dressed kid}.
  • SO much more to come, but I keep falling asleep. So much for working. On to dreaming.

3 comments:

Leanna said...

Thank you for the laugh and for a good reminder that I'm not the only one that catches themself whinning at their children. So thankful God is allowing our families to grow together!
Oh and I'm so glad our club is growing!! Waka waka waka!

laura said...

so i heard someone snort as they laughed today and cracked up. thanks for bringing a game that broke me out of the comfort zone (even if i couldn't hula for that long)- have a wonderful day-izzle.

thecleggfamily said...

i LOVE reading your writings!! also, laughed out loud...reread to travis and laughed out loud again comment about zoe being cold and treson telling you to turn the air off! hysterical!!

miss you..
jenn