4.01.2009

What Could Have Been



My kids are tucked in their beds, sleeping soundly.

I'm so grateful. Not for the relief that quiet brings a tired mama, but because things could be different.

Earlier today when I picked Treson & Zoe up from school, I was loading them into the car as usual. Treson is old enough to get in by himself. For some off the wall reason, he was standing by the car and just took off running after a bird... in the parking lot. Mind you this is after school. Cars are everywhere. I just screamed at him and he immediately returned. After a good scolding, I got very emotional as I realized the magnitude of what Could Have Been. Just the thought makes me want to vomit.

After quite a crazy day, I'm tired, but so glad that I was fortunate to be the parent of Treson's choice for putting him to bed. I laid next to him praying and crying. I'm so glad he was too tired to notice. 

Thank You, Lord, for Your protection over Your children. I trust that You love them more than I do.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHHHHH, isn't this a mother's greatest fear? It brought tears to my eyes too. Putting our children and our anxiety in God's hands is the hardest thing to do, yet it's the safest place for them. Thanks Ashley!