1.30.2010

I thought this was a good idea?

This is a little story about how a mother had a brilliant idea that included good intentions and green hair. Written 100% for your amusement.


Earlier this week I had the yearly parent/teacher conference with T's teacher. He's in pre-k. At the end of the conference, I told "Mrs. Murray" how much T loves centers in her classroom, particularly science. She told me about a center she had done with colored water and that he absolutely loved it. She had funnels, flasks, etc. and the kids could pour and mix waters. 


Brilliant!  I thought to myself, "I have food coloring. Why don't we play with colored water at home? I have red and green coloring from Christmas. The kids will love it!"


How it started (Praise God I at least thought to play in the bathtub!):

The beginnings of what looks like a very tragic crime scene:


Yeeeeaaahh.... it did (mostly) come out....

She was having so much fun filling this up and dumping it on the floor, she didn't notice she was being painted...

Z, um, I think the bottle is empty now...

Naturally, the first thing she did was taste test.



Oh, if I could post some other pictures to show you the mess this made! Seeing as they are in the bathtub, I had to be choosy! Note K. She's leaning over the tub to pick up an EMPTY bottle that was full before it hit the floor...


T said, "Mama, can we do this again?"


Despite the mess, T, for you, yes, we'll do it again! 
(For more amusement, check out our Rice Festival!)

2 comments:

Lara said...

You are one wild mama! I meant to tell you, I included your comment in one of my posts. It meant so much to me. Here is the link:
http://thefarmerswifetellsall.blogspot.com/2010/01/little-memories.html

thecleggfamily said...

you crack me up! love that you let your kids be kids...why not!! looks like they had a lot of fun.

miss you guys..
jenn