1.05.2010

A Little Clarification

My friend L left me a note and slipped the words  "you seem to have it all together."


Those were once coveted words. "You have it all together." 


But the pressure of those words. Oh the pressure! The lie. The wrong standard. Definitely the wrong impression.


In my writings, one thing I hope to reveal is the opposite of that sentence. I DON'T have it all together. None of us do, so don't pretend you do, either.  I do my best to be an open book. I confess that my house is a wreck (one of these things us moms use to give the impression of having it all together). I confess that Satan attacks me. I confess that I do what I can to fight him off, but am unsuccessful at times. Which leads me to confess that I have been given Grace... the thing that holds me together. That's the only way I can use that word- "together"- in reference to myself.


Just wanted to clear that up in case anyone else had the same crazy, untrue thought. 

1 comment:

Lara said...

It's so easy when you're a mom to look at other women and think they have it all together. And it's so tempting to try and make people think I have it all together, but I am so far from it!